Since DUYTHO’s founding, business and corporate law has remained at the core of our practice. Our team has extensive experience and is focused and dedicated to advising on the legal issues which arise within the enterprise. We are widely known and well respected for our substantive expertise and pragmatic results-oriented approach. From listening to client’s requirements to executing the work, our lawyers are recognized as the most responsive and effective in the industry. We work with the Vietnamese business registration body, tax body, investment certificate granting body etc. every day and know both the law and the practical side of the work. With the breadth of our combined experience behind them, our clients have and will continue to overcome the challenges that confront them in a practical and cost-effective way.
We represent individuals and businesses – ranging from small start-ups to mature family-owned and other closely-held businesses to large public companies. Our clients look to us as trusted advisors for counsel and assistance with evaluation, structuring and negotiation in their business transactions, as well as advice on daily and operational matters.
In particular, our expertise includes business registration; joint ventures and strategic alliances; ownership and management succession; employee benefits and executive compensation; mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and recapitalizations; securities regulation; venture capital; commercial and other business contracts; financial institution acquisitions, development of financial products and services; restructurings and bankruptcy; tax planning and litigation; procedures for investment certificates etc.
Our clients are engaged in a broad spectrum of businesses, including manufacturing, distribution, retail, health care products and services, financial services (banks, broker-dealers, insurance companies, investment companies and investment advisers), software development, communications, restaurants and food processing, construction, real estate development and service sectors.
PROCESS OF ISSUING INVESTMENT LICENSES:
· Projects subject to registration for issuance of investment licenses : 10 days.
· Projects to be evaluated for issuance of investment licenses: 20 days.
· Providing information, receipt of project dossier, evaluation and issuance of investment licenses (Hanoi Authority for Planning and Investment);
· Suggestion of project site, providing guidelines of architectural plan (Office of Chief Architects )
· Signing contract of land lease (Department of Land and Housing Management)
· Compensation and land clearance (The City’s Board of Land Clearance)
· Evaluation of construction work’s technical design and issuance of construction permit (Department of Construction)
· The application dossier will be submitted by investors to the Hanoi Authority for Planning and Investment and evaluated for issuing investment licenses (after having received written opinions of relevant ministries and submitted to Hanoi People’s Committee for approval).
2. Aspects to be evaluated
· The legal status and financial position of foreign and Vietnamese investors
· The conformity of the project with the planning
· The socio-economic benefits
· The applied technical and technological level
· The appropriateness of land use
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR FOREIGN INVESTMENT LICENSE
1- Application for foreign investment license
2- For joint venture enterprises : Joint venture Contract and Charter
– For 100 foreign owned enterprises: Charter of the enterprise
– For Business Cooperation contracts: Business Cooperation Contract
3- Documents stating the legal status and the financial capacity of the foreign and the Vietnamese parties
4- Feasibility study of the project
5- Documents relating to the transfer of technology (in case there is a transfer of technology)
6- Documents relating to environment protection:
– Registration to meet Vietnamese environment standards
7- Legal documents concerning housing and land
Other useful Information: