THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, September 22, 2000
PROVISIONALLY GUIDING THE COLLECTION AND USE OF THE FEE FOR ENROLLING STUDENTS FOR OVERSEAS TRAINING FUNDED BY THE STATE BUDGET
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No.178/CP of October 28, 1994 on the tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Finance Ministry;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No.04/1999/ND-CP of January 30, 1999 on the charges and fees belonging to the State budget;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No.322/QD-TTg of April 19, 2000 ratifying the project for “Training scientific and technical cadres at overseas institutions with the State budget”.
At the proposal of the Minister of Training and Education in Official Dispatch No.6354/SDH of July 11, 2000.
The Finance Ministry hereby guides the collection and use of the fee for enrolling students for State budget-funded overseas training as follows:
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. The fee for enrolling students for overseas training with funds from the State budget is money contributed by those who sit for enrollment examinations.
2. The enrollment fee shall be collected only at the prescribed levels, and be used in an economical manner under the management according to the current financial regime.
II. SPECIFIC PROVISIONS
1. The enrollment fee shall include:
– The examination registration fee: when registering for an examination, candidates shall have to pay an amount of money to cover expenses for the preparation for and organization of such examination, including such activities as: computerizing the list of examination registrants, renting examination rooms and other relevant works.
– The examination sitting fee: is the amount paid by examination candidates to cover expenses for organizing enrollment examinations.
2. The enrollment fee shall be paid directly to the Ministry of Education and Training
a/ The examination registration fee level of VND 50,000/dossier shall be uniformly applicable to the three subjects as defined in the previous documents.
b/ The examination sitting fee level:
– The fee for sitting a foreign language examination shall be VND 200,000/candidate and uniformly applicable to the three subjects.
– The fee for sitting examinations on the fundamental study subject, the basic study subject and the specialized subject shall be VND 100,000/study subject on average.
3. The use of the enrollment fees:
The enrollment fees shall be used to defray expenses for the examination organizing activities, such as: expenses for compiling and printing examination questions, renting examination places, and remuneration for the Examination Council and the Council for adoption of study syllabus for doctoral students and apprentice; expenses for monitoring the examination, marking examination papers, selecting qualified examinees, notifying marks and other expenses in service of the enrollment; as well as expenses for inspecting the enrollment, organizing conferences for implementation and review, and building management software.
The use of collected fee amounts shall comply with the provisions at Point 5.b, Star Mark 4 of the Finance Ministry’s Circular No.54/1999/TT-BTC of May 10, 2000 “Guiding the implementation of the Government’s Decree No.04/1999/ND-CP of January 30, 1999 on charges and fees belonging to the State budget”.
4. Management of collection and spending of the enrollment fees:
The Ministry of Education and Training shall manage the collection and spending of the enrollment fees strictly according to the regulations on invoices and vouchers, the current financial regime and the regulation on financial publicity in all processes of plan elaboration, collection, spending and settlement reporting. The Ministry of Education and Training shall have to incorporate the general situation of enrollment fee collection and spending in its annual budgetary settlement report according to the current prescribed regime.
III. IMPLEMENTATION PROVISIONS
This Circular shall apply to examinations for enrolling students for State budget-funded overseas training in 2000.
Any problems arising in the course of implementation should be reported to the Finance Ministry for appropriate supplement and amendment.
FOR THE FINANCE MINISTER
Pham Van Trong