The applications filed during the period from July 1st, 1996 to the date when this Circular takes effect are allowed to use document forms in accordance with Circular No.1134/SC of October 17, 1991 of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment guiding the implementation of Decree No. 84-HDBT of March 20, 1990 of the Council of Ministers, and shall be handled in accordance with this Circular. The time limit for handling such applications shall be extended to equal to the time period from the date of filing the application to the date when this Circular takes effect.
33. Document forms and regulations on examination of applications
The Director of the National Office of Industrial Property shall have to issue necessary document forms related to the application, the approval and registration of contracts for the transfer of industrial property rights, and issue the Regulation on examination of applications.
This Circular replaces the following documents of the State Committee for Science and Technique and the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment:
– Chapters II, III and IV of Circular No.1134/SC of October 17, 1991 guiding the implementation of Decree No.84-HDBT of March 20, 1990 of the Council of Minister;
– Circular No.437/SC of March 19, 1993 providing additional guidance on the registration of trademarks;
– Circular No.163/TT-SHCN of April 15, 1994 guiding the implementation of the regulations on approval and registration of license contracts;
– Circular No.238/TT-SHCN of May 2, 1994 providing guidance on the filing and handling of international applications for protection of invention, utility solution under the Agreement on Patent Cooperation in Vietnam;
– Decision No.199/QD of December 21, 1992 stipulating regulations on industrial property representatives.
This Circular takes effect 15 days after its signing.
THE MINISTRY OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT
Pham Gia Khiem