SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, July 11, 1994
ON THE TASKS, POWERS AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE APPARATUS OF THE GENERAL OFFICE OF METEOROLOGY AND HYDROLOGY
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government on the 30th of September, 1992;
Pursuant to Decree No. 15-CP on the 2nd of March, 1993 of the Government on the tasks, powers and responsibility of State management of the ministries and ministerial-level agencies;
At the proposals of the Head of the General Office of Meteorology and Hydrology and the Minister-Head of the Government Commission on Organization and Personnel.
Article 1.- The General Office of Meteorology and Hydrology is an agency of the Government to carry out the function of State management in the field of meteorology and hydrology in the whole country.
1. To submit to the Government the drafts of laws, ordinances, strategies, schemes, plans, national programs, policies and regimes regarding the management of the meteorological and hydrological service and the basic investigation of the air and water environments. To organize the implementation of the above tasks after their approval.
2. To issue within its jurisdiction the criteria, statutes, regulations and rules on professional technique in meteorology and hydrology and in the basic investigation of air and water environments. To direct and inspect the implementation of the above documents.
3. To submit to the Government questions related to international cooperation, the participation in international organizations and the signing of international cooperation conventions on meteorology and hydrology. To direct and guide the implementation of international cooperation plans in the field of meteorology and hydrology and the international conventions it has signed by assignment of the Government.
4. To organize scientific research on meteorology and hydrology, the training and fostering of the technical knowledge and professional skill in meteorology and hydrology according to prescriptions of the Government.
5. To provide information and documents on meteorology and hydrology, on air and water environments for various agencies, organizations and individuals as prescribed by the Government.
To perform according to its authority the issuing and withdrawal of operation permits in meteorology and hydrology with regard to an organization or an individual.
6. To coordinate with the Ministry of Finance and the State Planning Committee in drawing up the financial plan for the meteorological and hydrological service and to manage this financial plan as prescribed by the Government.
7. To issue within its jurisdiction, decisions, instructions and circulars to direct, guide, inspect and control the implementation of State laws and policies by other branches, localities, organizations and individuals in regard to meteorology and hydrology.
8. To manage the organizational apparatus, the State professional agencies and businesses and the government officials and personnel in the meteorological and hydrological service as prescribed by the Government.
a/ The organizations to help the Head of the General Office perform in his function of State management:
– The Department of Stations Network and Technical Equipment of Meteorology and Hydrology (Net work Department for short)
– The Planning-Finance Department
– The Scientific-Technical Department
– The International Cooperation Department
– The Organization-Personnel Department
– The Inspectorate
– The Headquarters
b/ Professional organizations:
– The National Meteorological and Hydrological Forecast Center
– The Meteorological and Hydrological Documentation Center
– The Meteorological and Hydrological Institute
– The Southern Meteorologcial and Hydrological Center
– The Maritime Meteorological and Hydrological Center
– The Stratosphere Meteorological and Hydrological Observatory
– The Meteorological and Hydrological School of Ho Chi Minh City
– The Meteorological and Hydrological School of Hanoi
– The regional meteorological and hydrological stations:
The meteorological and hydrological station for Nambo (located in Ho Chi Minh City)
The regional meteorological and hydrological station for the Central Highlands (located at Pleiku)
The meteorological and hydrological regional station for South Central Vietnam (located in Nha Trang city)
The meteorological and hydrological regional station for the central part of Central Vietnam (located in Da Nang city)
The meteorological and hydrological regional station for Northern Central Vietnam (located in Vinh city).
The meteorological and hydrological regional station for North East Vietnam (located in Hai Phong city).
The meteorological and hydrological regional station for the northern mountain region (located in Viet Tri city)
The meteorological and hydrological regional station for the Northwestern region (located in Son La town).
Article 4.- The General Office of Meteorology and Hydrology is headed by the Head of the General Office who is assisted by a number of deputy heads. The Head and Deputy Heads are nominated and relieved of function by the Prime Minister. The Head of the General Office nominates and relieves of function the heads and deputy heads of departments and persons of equivalent ranks.
The Head of the General Office of Meteorology and Hydrology shall define the concrete tasks and powers of the above-mentioned organizations attached to the General Office.
Article 5.- This Decree takes effect on the date of its issuance. Decree No. 215-CP on the 5th of November, 1976 of the Government and other earlier regulations contrary to this Decree are now annulled.
The head of the General Office of Meteorology and Hydrology, the ministers, the heads of ministerial-level agencies, the heads of the agencies attached to the Government, the presidents of the People’s Committees of provinces and cities directly under the Central Government have the responsibility to implement this Decree.
FOR THE GOVERNMENT
Vo Van Kiet