Under Article 59, the IP Law of Vietnam, the following objects shall be ineligible for protection as inventions:
- Scientific discoveries or theories, mathematical methods.
- Schemes, plans, rules and methods for performing mental acts, training domestic animals, playing games and doing business; computer programs.
- Presentations of information.
- Solutions of aesthetic characteristics only.
- Plant varieties, animal breeds.
- Processes of plant or animal production which are principally of a biological nature, other than microbiological processes.
- Human and animal disease prevention methods, diagnostic and treatment methods.